Housing Services Applications & Request Forms
In the sections below, students can find information regarding the different types of housing applications and request forms related to student housing.
All housing applications are available online in MyHousing. Students should log onto Cardinal Students using their Username and Password and navigating MyHousing & Dining. New students should have received their login information in the mail. If you have misplaced your Username and Password, please call the Catholic University Computer Help Desk at (202) 319-4357 for assistance.
- New Student Housing Application: For Newly Admitted Freshmen and Transfer Students who have paid their enrollment deposit. The application deadline is May 15th for new freshmen and August 1st for new transfer students. A guide is available here to assist with the application process.
- Room Selection Intent Form: For Continuing Undergraduate Students wishing to participate in the Room Selection process; those who do not participate in the Room Selection process can submit their the Waitlist Application in Cardinal Students once available. A guide is available here to assist with the application process.
- Waitlist Application: For continuing students who did not participate in the Room Selection process or did not submit the Intent Form by the advertised deadline.
- Spring Only Housing Application & Spring Only New Student Application: For students seeking on-campus housing for the spring semester only of the current academic year. The priority deadline is November 15th.
- Grad/Law/Non-traditional Student Housing Application: Housing Services will offer housing to Graduate/Law/Non-Traditional Students as space is available. An application is generally available for the upcoming academic year by late spring.
Housing Request Forms
The following request forms are for students currently assigned to on-campus housing.
- Early Arrival Request Form: For residential students with extenuating circumstances who need to request ro arrive on campus before the residence hall opening date. While individual requests outside of advertised occupancy dates are generally not approved, Housing Services will review each request.
- Late Stay Request Form: For residential students with extenuating circumstances who need to request an extended stay at the end of a semester outside of normal occupancy dates. While individual requests outside of advertised occupancy dates are generally not approved, Housing Services will review each request.
- Housing Cancellation Request Form: For residential students that wish to request to cancel their current or future on-campus housing assignment. While cancellation request are not guaranteed to be approved, Housing Services will review each request.
- Housing Record Release Request Form: For students who lived in on-campus housing at any point to request housing-related information for release to a third party.
- Housing Accommodation Request Form: For students who need specific accommodations or modifications to their room assignment due to a diagnosed disability or medical condition.
- Residency Exemption Request Form: For students required to live in on-campus housing per the Student Housing Policy but wish to request an exemption to the University policy based on extenuating circumstances. While requests are not guaranteed approval, Housing Services will review each request.
- Room Change Request Form: For residential students that have a confirmed housing assignment but prefer a different housing assignment.
- Single Room Waitlist Request Form: For residential students that have a confirmed housing assignment but prefer a single room. There is no guarantee that submission of the single waitlist form will result in the student being offered a single room assignment.
Hall Maintenance Request Forms
The following request forms are for residential students to report any facilities-related issues in their residence hall or room.
- Furniture Repair Request: For residential students to report issues with furniture in residence hall rooms or common areas.
- Maintenance and/or Pest Request: For residential students to report issues in the residence hall rooms or common areas outside of furniture repairs.
Dining Services Requests
The following request forms are for students interested in purchasing, changing, or canceling a dining plan.
- Dining Plan Requests - Students may add a dining plan for the upcoming semester to their account by logging into MyHousing & Dining in Cardinal Students. Dining Plan changes or cancellations can be made online via Cardinal Students until the Friday of the first week of classes each semester. Please note residential freshmen and sophomores are unable to cancel their dining plan.
- Dietary Preferences - Students who want to explore ways the Dining Services team can assist them in finding foods that meet their dietary preferences should contact Dining Services at CUAfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Dietary Needs - Students who want to request release/removal from the dining plan requirement or request an adjusted dining plan based on a diagnosed disability or medical condition should contact Dining Services at CUAemail@example.com. Appeals of dining accommodation decisions should be directed to William Jonas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cardinal Cash & Dining Dollars can be added at any time; please visit the Cardinal Card website for more information.