Room Selection is the process for current Catholic University students to apply for a campus housing assignment for the next academic year.
The information provided on the pages below will help to clarify the process and provide additional answers to frequently asked questions.
Housing Services recognizes upperclass students consider various on- and off-campus housing options for their junior and senior years. Each year Housing Services reviews the demand for campus housing and initiates plans accordingly. During the spring semester, a lottery is conducted where interested junior and senior students who submit the Intent Form by the deadline may select housing from available rooms for the next academic year.
On-campus housing for graduate, law, or non-traditional students may be provided subject to the availability of suitable housing. This determination will be made in late spring.
In order to participate in Room Selection, individuals must be currently enrolled undergraduate degree-seeking students in good financial standing who anticipate full-time enrollment with the university for the 2020-2021 academic year.
University standards for full-time status are outlined in the Academic Announcements publications. A student whose course load falls below full-time status should petition Housing Services for permission to remain a residential student. Other exceptions may be granted on a space-available basis.
Eligibility information is detailed further in the Student Housing Policy on the University Policy page.
5 Steps of Room Selection
- Submit your Room Selection Intent Form by Friday, February 7, 2020, at 5:00 pm (EST) by logging into MyHousing via Cardinal Students.
- Log into MyHousing via Cardinal Students on Friday, February 14th to view your lottery designation. Students will be assigned to either the Sophomore Lottery or the Junior/Senior Lottery based on admit date and total amount of anticipated earned credits by the end of the spring semester.
- Log into MyHousing via Cardinal Students on Friday, February 21st to view your lottery number. Lottery numbers are randomly generated within each lottery and each number is associated with a selection date and time.
- Form a roommate group and develop a plan for space selection. Once lottery numbers have been announced, students can begin to form roommate groups in MyHousing. Students are strongly encouraged to prepare several selection options in the event that their first choice space is not available.
- Select a room assignment in MyHousing via Cardinal Students once your selection time goes live; view your confirmed assignment, billing and roommate information, and select your dining plan, all in MyHousing.
As is the case on most residential campuses, on-campus housing for junior and senior students is not automatically guaranteed. However, each year Housing Services reviews the demand for campus housing and initiates plans accordingly.Learn More