Applications are available online in MyHousing. Students should log onto Cardinal Students using their Username and Password and navigating to Student Self-Service > MyHousing > ApplyOnline. New students should have received their Cardinal Station login information in the mail. If you have misplaced your Username and Password, please call the Catholic University Computer Help Desk at (202) 319-4357 for assistance.
- Newly Admitted Freshmen and Transfer Students who have paid their enrollment deposit can apply via the the New Student Housing Application in Cardinal Students. The application deadline is May 15th for new freshmen and August 1st for new transfer students. Housing Services is unable to guarantee housing to students who submit applications after the advertised dates. A guide is available here to assist with the application process.
- Continuing Undergraduate Students should participate in the Room Selection process; those who do not participate in the Room Selection process can submit their their Waitlist Application in Cardinal Students. More information is available on the Waitlist and the application process.
- Housing Services will offer housing to a Graduate/Law/Non-Traditional Students as space is available. Interested continuing Grad/Law/Non-Traditional Students should participate in the Room Selection Process; new students and those who did not participate in the lottery should submit a Grad/Law/Non-Traditional Application in Cardinal Students.
- The Spring Only New Student Housing Application for Newly Admitted Students is available in Cardinal Students.
- Continuing Undergraduate Students who did not live on campus during the fall semester can submit their Spring Only Application in Cardinal Students. More information is available on the spring application process.
- The Priority Application date for all spring housing applications is November 15th. Applications will be assigned on a rolling basis beginning in early December. Assignment confirmations will be sent by mid-December; once assignments are made they will also be available in Cardinal Students.
- As space permits, Housing Services will offer housing to Graduate/Law/Non-Traditional Students. Interested Grad/Law/Non-Traditional Students can submit a Grad/Law/Non-Traditional Application in Cardinal Students.
Extended Stay Requests
- Extended Stay Request for residents with extenuating circumstances which require an extended stay at the beginning or end of a semester. While individual requests outside of advertised occupancy dates are generally not approved, Housing Services will review each request.
Housing Cancellation Request
- Housing Cancellation Request for all residents that want to request to cancel their current or future housing assignment.
- Consent Form to request housing-related information for release to a third-party.
Residence Hall & Dining Services Accommodation Request
- Residence Hall & Dining Services Accommodation Request information and form for students with disabilities who need specific accommodations or modifications to their Residence Hall and Dining Services Agreement (housing assignment and/or dining plan) due to their diagnosed disability or medical condition.
- Temporary Disability information for residents with temporarily disabling conditions that are a result of injuries, surgery or short-term medical conditions that may need access to services and resources similar to individuals with permanent disabilities.
Residency Exemption Request
- Catholic University requires freshmen and sophomore undergraduate students to live in on-campus housing unless they reside with a parent or legal guardian within 20 miles of campus or are 21 years of age or older; please refer to the University's Student Housing Policy.
- Residency Exemption Request for freshmen and sophomores that are required to live on campus but wish to request an exemption based on extenuating circumstances.
Room Change Request
- Room Change Request for residents that have a confirmed housing assignment but prefer a different room. Residents who only want to be considered for a single room should complete the Single Room Waitlist Request instead.
- Room changes are available during the academic year and are managed by the Residence Life professional staff in each neighborhood.
Single Room Waitlist Request
- Single Room Waitlist Request for residents that have a confirmed housing assignment but prefer a single room.
Furniture Repair Request
- Furniture Repair Request to report issues with furniture in residence hall rooms or common areas.
Dining Plans, Dining Dollars & Cardinal Cash
- Dining Plan Requests - You may add a dining plan at any time via Cardinal Students. Dining Plan changes or cancellations can be made online via Cardinal Students until the Friday of the first week of classes each semester. Please note residential freshmen and sophomores are unable to cancel their dining plan.
- Dietary Preferences - Students who want to explore ways the Dining Services team can assist them in finding foods that meet their dietary preferences should contact Dining Services at CUAemail@example.com.
- Special Dietary Needs - Students who want to request release/removal from the dining plan requirement or request an adjusted dining plan based on a diagnosed disability or medical condition should submit the Residence Hall and Dining Services Accommodation Request. Appeals of dining accommodation decisions should be directed to William Jonas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cardinal Cash & Dining Dollars can be added at any time; please visit the Cardinal Card website for more information.