Housing Services recognizes students may have extenuating circumstances which require an extended stay at the beginning or end of a semester.
While individual requests outside of normal occupancy dates are generally not approved, Housing Services will review each request.
Normal occupancy dates are:
- New students arrive on August 22nd
- Continuing students arrive on August 24th and 25th
- All residents depart by noon on December 15th
- All residents may arrive beginning at noon on January 11th
- All non-graduating students depart by noon on May 10th
Services including, but not limited to, regular custodial services, dining services, residence hall offices, and mail delivery may not be available during periods outside the contract period. Residents who are permitted to use alternate arrival or departure dates should also be aware that work being done in the facilities may create temporary inconveniences. Residents permitted on campus during times outside of the contract period may not allow others who have not been previously authorized, including guests and roommate(s), to occupy residence hall space. Unapproved individuals will be asked to leave the building and may be billed for dates in residence. All policies and procedures are applicable during times outside of the regular contract period.
Students who are approved for individual early arrivals or late stays (i.e. who are not endorsed by a faculty or staff member to participate in an authorized University-function) will be charged for the early or late stay period. Charges are assessed on a per-night basis according to the rates below:
|Room Type||Nightly Rate|
|Double with Bath||$45.00|
|Triple/Quad with Bath||$42.00|
|Suite Single A (Millenniums)||$51.00|
|Suite Single B/C (Millenniums)||$47.00|
|Opus Suite Single||$51.00|
|Opus Suite Double||$47.00|
Fall 2019 Early Arrival Request Process
The residence halls open for the Fall 2019 semester on Thursday, August 22nd for new residents and Saturday, August 24th for continuing students. Individual requests to arrive outside of these scheduled dates are generally not approved. However, Housing Services recognizes that students may have extenuating circumstances which require early arrival prior to the opening of the residence halls.
Note: Students that are summer residents until August 5th that also have confirmed fall assignments are permitted to request continuous stay until the halls open for the fall semester. Please do not use the form on this page. Instead, please refer to the Fall Transition Housing page.
Early Arrival Reasons
For the following reasons, a request from a University staff or faculty member is required for Early Arrival consideration. If you are requesting an early arrival for one of these reasons, do not use the form on this page. Instead, please have the appropriate faculty or staff member email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org, unless otherwise noted below.
- On-Campus Employment - Any on-campus work-related duties that require an arrival prior to the opening of the residence halls.
- Athletics - Athletics will provide Housing Services with the names of student athletes that require an arrival before the opening of the residence halls. No action is required from you.
- Smart Start - Disability Support Services will provide Housing Services with the names of students participating in the Smart Start workshop. No action is required from you.
- International Student Orientation - International Student Support Services will provide Housing Services with the names of students participating in the International Student Orientation. No action is required from you.
For the following reasons, please utilize the request email below on this page to make an individual request for Early Arrival consideration. Students who submit an individual request are subject to the nightly room rate stated above.
- Extended Travel - For residents traveling internationally, or long-distance domestically. Charges are assessed on a per-night basis according to the rates above.
- Sibling of a New Student - For residents with a sibling who is a new student arriving on Thursday, August 22nd.
- ROTC/NROTC - For participants in Reserve Officers' Training Corps. Please note that confirmation from a supervisor may be required.
- Law Orientation - For new law students assigned to on-campus housing who may need to attend orientation August 14th-16th. All law students assigned to housing will be provided an early arrival for August 19th (the day before classes begin).
- Other - For reasons other than those listed above, the resident must be able to demonstrate that a significant reason requires an arrival prior to the opening of the residence halls. Charges are assessed on a per-night basis according to the rates above.