All current residential students looking to cancel their Residence Hall and Dining Services Agreement must submit the Housing Cancellation Form. Please be aware that requests to cancel housing are not guaranteed and that approved requests are subject to housing cancellation fees. Students should review off-campus housing options before receiving a campus housing assignment. Students with a campus housing assignment are encouraged to participate in the Housing Cancellation Request process before entering an off-campus commitment for additional housing.
Please refer to the Cancellation of Housing policy for more information regarding the housing cancellation process and the University policy on Refunds of Student Charges and Statement of Financial Responsibility for more information on refunds of room and board charges.
If you are a financial aid recipient, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance if you are considering moving off-campus. Your financial aid package must be reviewed to accurately reflect your cost of attendance.
Cancellation of Housing: Requests for cancellation are considered for the following reasons. If approved, the Agreement will be cancelled and the student will be charged a $500 housing cancellation fee.
- Withdrawal from the University after the student has officially withdrawn from the University with the appropriate written notification and approval as required by the University.
- Academic Leave from the University after the student has completed the appropriate written notification and approval as required by the University.
- Marriage, after such marriage has taken place and legal verification has been supplied to Housing Services.
Cancellation of Housing for Special Circumstances: Students may also request cancellation of their Agreement in the following situations. In these cases, if approved, the student will be released from their Agreement without being assessed a cancellation fee.
- Graduation: A student will be released from the Agreement at the end of the fall semester if requirements for graduation have been completed and the Housing Cancellation Request is received by Housing Services prior to November 15th.
- Study Abroad: A student will be released from the Agreement at the end of the fall semester if the student is working on a University-approved study abroad program and the Housing Cancellation Request is received by Housing Services prior to November 15th.
- Military Service: A student will be released from the Agreement if they are called to active military duty as long as the student submits a Housing Cancellation Request and a copy of their military orders. In this instance only, refunds of room charges will be made on a per diem basis.
Statement of Understanding
I understand that I am responsible for the terms and conditions of my Residence Hall and Dining Services Agreement, which is binding for an entire academic year.
I am aware that submitting this request does not guarantee that I will be released from the responsibilities of the Residence Hall and Dining Services Agreement. If my request for cancellation is not approved, a space on campus will be reserved for me and I will remain responsible for all housing charges.
I understand that if my request is approved, that approval is final. My Residence Hall and Dining Services Agreement will be cancelled, I will be removed from my current assignment, and my assignment may be given to another student.
I understand that, if my request is approved, I will be charged a Housing Cancellation Fee (HCF) up to $1,000, in accordance with the Cancellation of Housing Policy.
If I am eligible for a refund it will be according to the University Refund Schedule. Any refund will be based on the date I am approved for a cancellation and/or check out of my assigned space.
I understand that the Office of Student Financial Assistance may release my financial information to the Office of Housing Services if my cancellation request is based on financial hardship.