The residence halls will close on Wednesday, November 25 at 12:00 p.m.
Students will not be able to enter the residence halls during the winter break period. If you have questions regarding Fall Closing please contact Housing Services or your Residence Hall Office (RHO).
Please remember to take any items you may need (i.e. medications, passport, etc) with you as you will not have access to your room or building over the winter break period. Closing instructions will be provided to you from your Resident Assistant. To properly close your room for break, please be sure to:
- Turn off and unplug all appliances (TV, computer, lamps, etc.). Periodic power outages may occur on-campus throughout the break period.
- Defrost, empty, and unplug refrigerators
- Remove all food items; including non-perishable items in plastic wrapping or containers
- Clean your room of any trash
- Empty the trashcan
- Turn off faucets
- Close and lock all doors and windows
- Turn off all lights in your bedroom, bathroom, and shared living rooms
- Turn down the heat to 62 degrees or a low setting (where applicable)
- Claim any personal items left in the laundry room and common refrigerators
- Report all maintenance, pest, and kitchen appliance requests to FMO at https://facilities.catholic.edu/
- Report all ethernet and cable requests to ResNet at http://TechSupport.cua.edu
- Report all furniture requests to Housing Services
All students are instructed to contact the RA on-call for their neighborhood before departing from campus to have a closing inspection of their room completed. More information about closing inspections will be provided by Residence Life. Students not returning to on-campus housing for the Spring semester should also contact the Office of the Dean of Students and submit the Housing Cancellation Form prior to November 15th.
Power Outages During the Break
Annually, during the break period while the residence halls are closed, Pepco does electrical voltage testing. During the test, residential buildings can experience power outages in accordance with Pepco's annual high voltage testing and maintenance procedures. Centennial Village is scheduled for a power outage. Please be sure all appliances are unplugged before you depart from campus.