In an effort to enrich your overall educational experiences, the offices of Housing Services and Residence Life work collaboratively to provide residential facilities that meet student developmental needs, support the formation of community, and encourage the creation of seamless learning environments.
At Catholic, students choose from a broad variety of living options. Most freshmen live in double rooms that offer highly interactive community-based living. In the spring semester, continuing students participate in an online housing lottery system to choose among available living options, including traditional rooms, suites with shared bathrooms, and apartments with kitchens. Specially designed living and learning communities are offered primarily for freshman and sophomore students.
This web page is intended to assist you in understanding the basics of living on campus. Information regarding the residence halls, current programs, and dining options are included. Regardless of where you live, you will consistently find a focus on faith, community standards, and personal development throughout the residential experience. Welcome to The Catholic University of America!
Housing Application Process
New Freshmen can apply for housing using MyHousing via Cardinal Students. A Guide to Applying Online can assist you with this process. The housing application deadline for New Freshmen was June 8th. Housing Services is unable to guarantee on-campus housing to first-year students who submit housing applications after this date.
Once the enrollment deposit has been received and processed, new students can access the housing application by navigating to Cardinal Students. New students should have received their Cardinal Station login information in the mail. If you have misplaced your Username and Password, please call the Catholic University Computer Help Desk at (202) 319-4357 for assistance.
Please note assignments are prioritized based on the date the housing application was received. In addition, when making assignments requests will be considered according to the following priority: mutual roommate requests and building and room type preferences. Fall assignments for new freshmen will be available available online in MyHousing by July 1st.
New Transfer Students
New Transfers can apply for housing using MyHousing via Cardinal Students. A Guide to Applying Online can assist you with this process. The housing application deadline for New Transfers is August 1st. Housing Services is unable to guarantee on-campus housing to transfer students who submit housing applications after this date.Once the enrollment deposit has been received and processed, new transfers can access the housing application by navigating to Cardinal Students. If you have misplaced your Username and Password, you can call the Catholic University Computer Help Desk at (202) 319-4357 for assistance. Fall assignments and notifications to New Transfers are made on a rolling basis.
Cardinal Students is a great resource to see your housing and dining assignment, roommates, mailbox and current housing-related billing charges. Navigate to: cardinalstudents.cua.edu >Student Self-Service>MyHousing & Dining.
Students and their families wishing to see a typical residence hall room are encouraged to participate in an Admissions Tour, view the panoramic tours of rooms in the Campus Map, and visit the Housing Services website for more information regarding the various housing options at Catholic University.
For Special Attention and Action
- Dining Services - You may add a dining plan at any time via Cardinal Students Dining Plan changes or cancellations can be made online via MyHousing until the Friday of the first week of classes each semester. Please note residential freshmen and sophomores are required to have one of the Anytime Dining Plans.
- Cardinal Card Photo - upload your Cardinal Card photo.
- Cardinal Mail Account - Students e-mail at Catholic University is provided in Cardinal Mail; all students receive messages from Catholic University through Cardinal Mail.
- Disability Support Services - DSS coordinates and assists with the provision of appropriate accommodations to students with documented disabilities.
- Student Health Services - Remember to submit your Required Immunization Record.
- Enrollment Services - Register for classes.
- Orientation - Register for Orientation.
- Student Medical Insurance - If you have coverage by an alternative health insurance policy, please submit the waiver verifying your existing coverage.
- Tuition Refund Insurance - The Tuition Refund Plan is a private insurance program that supplements the refund policy of Catholic University as published in the University catalog.
As you plan for your arrival to campus, please note the University Parking Policy. As part of the University's Master Plan and its commitment to reduce the number of cars on campus, residential freshmen and sophomores are not permitted to purchase parking permits or bring vehicles to campus. Contact the Dean of Students Office at CUAemail@example.com for more information regarding this policy.
Housing Services Websites
- Move-in Services (including MicroFridge rentals, linen sales, carpet sales, shipping & storage services)
- Opening Information
- Room Rates and Types
- Services (cable, internet, and laundry)
- Packing for College (what to bring and what to leave behind)
Other Websites of Interest
- Campus Ministry
- Cardinal Card (including information on Cardinal Cash)
- Center for Academic Success
- Catholic University Bookstore
- Dean of Students
- Dining Services
- Disability Support Services
- First Year Experience
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Postal Services
- Residence Life
- ResNet (internet, cable, and telephone)
- Safety First