We are excited to welcome our new residents and welcome back our continuing residents.
This information will help make your arrival and check-in run smoothly. If you have any questions, please contact Housing Services.
Assignments will be sent to new residents by TBD; assignments for late applications will be sent as they are received. If you have not received your assignment by January 11th please contact us.
Check-In Dates and Times
The following is the check-in schedule for Spring 2020, please make travel plans accordingly.
- Residence Halls will open on Saturday, January 11th at noon.
- Check-in for New Residents will take place in the Residence Hall Offices on Saturday, January 11th beginning at 12:00 p.m.
If you will be arriving after January 11th please e-mail Housing Services to inform us of your plans. Failure to occupy an assigned space by 5:00 p.m. on the first day of classes could result in assignment of the room to another student unless a student sends an advance written request for an extension of the arrival period.
MyHousing, accessible through your Cardinal Station account, is a great resource to see your current assignment, roommates, mailbox, and current housing-related billing charges. You will also be able to see which dining plan you are enrolled in. If you would like to add, change, or cancel your dining plan, you are able to do so via MyHousing until the Friday of the first week of classes. Please remember that all residential Freshmen and Sophomores are required to have an All Access Dining plan.
- MiniFridge - The MiniFridge is a microwave and refrigerator with a separate freezer. There are MiniFridges available for rent for the spring semester. The units will be delivered to your room in January and picked-up in May. Please visit http://housing.cua.edu/minifridge/ for more information.
- Linen Sales - All mattresses at Catholic University are XL Twin mattresses. Residence Hall Linens sells this unique size bedding as well as towels, laundry supplies, and other personal items in a variety or trendy colors and patterns. Contact Residence Hall Linens via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, online, or phone at (800) 957-4228.
- Campus Map
- Check-In FAQs
- Dining Services
- Directions To Catholic University
- Local Hotels - Orientation Website
- Local Hotels - Admissions Website
- Move-in Services (storage and shipping services, microfridge, linen sales, and insurance options)
- New Student Housing Information
- Packing For College
- Room Changes
- Shopping Resources
As you plan for your arrival to campus, please note the University Parking Policy. As part of the University's Master Plan and its commitment to reduce the number of cars on campus, residential freshmen and sophomores are not permitted to purchase parking permits or bring vehicles to campus. If you are a resident freshman or sophomore and would like to request an exception to this University policy, please complete a Vehicle Exception Request. Your request will be reviewed and you will be notified of the outcome. More information regarding parking on campus can be found here. If you have any further questions, please contact the Office of Transportation and Parking Services at email@example.com or call (202) 552-PARK (7275).
The CUA Procurement Services office has a partnership with Zipcar, a car-sharing service that provides self-serve access to several varieties of cars. With Zipcars parked on campus and in other dedicated parking locations throughout Washington, D.C., members can reserve cars online or by phone and use their personal access card to enter and drive them. Gas, insurance, maintenance, and dedicated parking are all included in Zipcar's hourly and daily rates. Personal memberships are available to CUA students, alumni, faculty and staff. Those interested can sign up on the Zipcar website. This program is not managed by Housing Services; questions should be directed to Zipcar or CUA Procurement Services.