Below are some of the questions most frequently asked regarding returning student housing. If your questions isn't here, contact us. We'll give you an answer and add new frequent questions to our list.

  • Who is able to live in Returning Student Housing?

    The university policy on housing eligibility is available here. Generally, in order to live in on-campus housing, individuals must be degree-seeking students who have full-time status with the University. University standards for full-time status are outlined in the Academic Announcements publications, available at A student whose course load falls below full-time status should petition Housing Services for permission to remain a resident. Other exceptions may be granted on a space-available basis.


  • Is on-campus housing guaranteed?

    Catholic University requires all freshman, sophomore, and junior year students to live in on-campus housing. Each year Housing Services reviews the demand for campus housing and initiates plans accordingly. Space is generally available for students who do not fall within the Student Housing Policy who follow application deadlines and are flexible in their housing choices. Housing Services also offers guidance to students seeking off-campus residence.
    Please refer to the Student Housing Policy on the University Policy page for more information.
  • Where do returning students live on campus?

    After freshman year, students live predominately in the Millenniums, Opus, Gibbons, Caldwell, Seton, and Centennial Village.
  • How do I apply for Returning Student Housing?

    For the upcoming fall semester, current students should participate in the Room Selection Process. Students who do not participate in the Room Selection Process should submit the Housing Application in MyHousing via Cardinal Students.
    For the spring semester, students should submit a Spring Only Housing Application in MyHousing via Cardinal Students.